For over 20 years, Klemp Family Dentistry has been promoting oral health care to patients of all ages. Here at our office, our goal is to deliver the highest level of quality care possible in a convenient and friendly setting, and to provide the most comfortable experience as possible. Our priority is to listen, respect, and educate our patients through knowing each patient on a personal level and getting to know them as an individual and their dental needs. Our dental family is dedicated to caring for you and your family on achieving and maintaining a healthy and natural smile.
Our community has been through a lot over the past few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines. While many things have changed, one thing that’s remained the same is our commitment to your health and safety. With eleven weeks of hygiene appointments to place back on the schedule has been challenging. Hygiene appointments may be spaced out longer than normal to allow all patients to get in before the end of the year. If you have an incentive level dental plan, please contact your dental carrier and let them know the reason for missed cleaning appointments. If you had a cleaning appointment that was cancelled during the shelter in place order and have not heard from our office, please contact us immediately.
Our office hours are Monday 9-3:30, Tuesday-Thursday 9-5, and Friday 8-3:30. At this time, our front office is temporally closed to patients. With that being said, we are utilizing mobile check-ins. Here are some new systems that we have put in place to comply with the new CDC guidelines:
- The day prior to your appointment you will be contacted to be verbally screened for any Covid-19 symptoms
- The day of your appointment a text or email will be sent out with the same Covid-19 symptoms screening
- We ask you to remain in your vehicle and call us upon arrival and identify the vehicle you are in
- Please arrive wearing a mask or facial covering due to the Governor’s orders
- An assistant will meet you at your vehicle to take your temperature and will accompany you into the building for your appointment.
- We are also wanting to have any updated paperwork, consent and treatment plans completed prior to your appointment. These forms may be sent via text or email.
These new systems are going to take some time getting used to, as our team is still getting adjusted to this new way of seeing patients. Our goal is still the same, we want to take care of our patients and provide safe, quality care. We thank you for your continued patience.